2021 Personal Goals
Looking back over the years, the only goals I consistently achieve are the ones I’m forced to come up with for my job in the corporate world. Part of this is because I need to keep my job but the other part is that the goals are written to be actionable with a clear picture of what achieving that goal looks like.
I’ve decided to take that same approach for my 2021 personal goals. I invest all this time and effort on my job goals I should totally be putting the same, if not more, effort into my personal goals to better myself.
I started off by choosing my word of the year. This is one word that will be my focus for 2021 and the guidance for my goals for the year.
This year my word is – Healing. Over the last couple years I’ve gone through a lot of health issues which have effected both my physical and mental state. I need to learn to put myself as a top priority and work on healing both my body and mind.
So, without further ado….I present my 2021 Personal Goals:
Goal 1: Body – Lose 30 pounds, 50 continuous crunches, Splits
- Weight Loss will be accomplished by doing the following:
- Meal prep weekly
- Create list prior to grocery shopping
- Make green juices/smoothies
- Follow Viome recommendations
- Drink, at least, 70 ounces water a day
- Strength will be accomplished by doing the following:
- Melissa Wood Health workouts 3 times a week
- Exercise wherever/whenever I can
- Plank 5 times a week
- Flexibility will be accomplished by doing the following:
- Basic body stretching routine everyday
- Work on splits 3 times a week
- Focus on shoulder stretches
Goal 2: Spiritual/Mental – Create a “toolbox” of techniques that work for me to calm and destress
- Church – Attend, at least, 2 times a month
- Meditation – Complete 30 day meditation course and than meditate 5 times a week.
- Exercise – Melissa Wood Health workouts 3 times a week
- Selfcare – Makeup, spa days, manicures
Goal 3: Medical – Right should fixed and establish a medical binder
- Dental Care:
- Make a dental check-up appointment
- Take care of any dental issues discovered in check-up
- Make teeth cleaning appointments for the year
- Purchase electric toothbrush
- Cancer follow-up:
- Get MRI and other tests completed prior to doctor follow-up visit
- Research how to take care of Kidney
- Drink 70 ounces water a day
- Lose 30 pounds
- Exercise 3 times a week
Goal 4: Uncluttered/Cleanliness – Everything has its place and the house is clean top to bottom. Establish cleaning schedule.
- Swedish Death Cleaning:
- Read books on subject
- Watch YouTube videos on subject
- Make a timeline to complete the project
- Go Clean Co & Fly Lady:
- Read/Watch how to deep clean a home
- Put together a cleaning schedule
Yep, those are my goals in a nutshell. Probably could have used some explanation on some of these but that would have become the longest post in history! Let me know if you have any questions about my goals our how I plan to achieve them, I’d be happy to explain.
I will be doing a check in each quarter to let you all know my status and to help hold me accountable!
Did you come up with resolutions or goals for the New Year?
“A goal without a plan is just a wish” – Unknown