December 7, 2009
Here is some information I found interesting while reading magazines this week.
- In the U.S., there are more deaths from heart disease on Christmas and New Year’s than any other day’s of the year. This is due to the fact that the holiday’s bring on a large amount of stress.
- Raw broccoli, peppers, tomatoes and strawberries are great sources of vitamin C.
- Go green and save money this holiday and use map’s, magazine’s, shopping bags, news papers, etc. as gift wrap! What a great idea.
- (49,000) That’s how many barrels of oil we’d save if every household in the United States replaced one 30-count package of plastic kitchen bags with 55 percent-recycled plastic bags. Source: Seventh Generation
Items to transform cookies from average to amazing:
- Rolled oats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dark chocolate
- 360 Cookware Surgical Stainless Steel Skillet – a non-stick pan where you won’t have to use much/any oil while cooking.
- Softlips Organic – Easy on the wallet and the earth. I can’t wait to try the chai tea organic softlips!
- Nature’s night light (uncommon goods) – uses a solar cell that gives off a glow when night falls and I the mason jar is really cool.
Dairy Free Betty
very cool stuff!! I love reading random facts